job hours: Flexible hours
job types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
location: South Lanarkshire
DO HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER CHANGE AS A SUPPORT WORKER?
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS AND REPSONSIBLE BRAND?
LOVE@care provide Care at Home and Housing Support Service to individuals with varying needs. We specialise in enhanced care packages for children with complex care needs. Our mission is to create mainstream services that incorporate equality, justice, kindness, love and compassion.
We deliver unique, person centred services to adults with disabilities, clients with Additional Support Needs, Acquired Brain Injuries, Spinal Injuries, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Muscular Dystrophy (MD), Paralysis, Autism, Alzheimer's Disease, Bipolar Disorder, Learning Disabilities, Visual Impairment, Parkinson's Disease, Stroke, and older people, including those who are frail or are living with Dementia. LOVE@care deliver care across Scotland predominately Stirling, Glasgow, Renfrewshire and Falkirk.
about the role
We are looking for individuals to provide care support services to children and Adults with disabilities across South Lanarkshire. Your responsibilities will include:
- Good practice; recognising the support needs of people with learning disabilities; specifically promoting dignity, respect and promotion of independent living and value love, compassion and kindness
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with services users', staff, carers and internal/external professionals to achieve improved outcomes for service users
- Ability to provide guidance and support
- Attention to detail; specifically, around the administration of service users' medication, financial repsonsibilities, including the ability to produce high quality written reports
- The ability to operate as a member of a team and take responsibility for the environment and the safety of service users in the absence of the senior member of staff
- The ability to attend and participate in staff meetings, supervision, performance review and development and to participate in developing team plans
- The ability to work in partnership with families
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A commitment to the care sector
- Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme Record (PVG) or willing to become registered
- SQA Qualifications
- Previous care experience
- Driving License and access to a car is preferred
- We can provide full care training including SSSC badges and SVQ level 2, 3 & 4 to all staff (the level offered depends on previous experience)
- 3 Day Care Induction
- How many years of Care/Support Work experience do you have?
- Are you based in or can travel to South Lanarkshire?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Driving Licence?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: SVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care?