job hours: Flexible hours
job types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
location: Central Belt
DO HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A LOCAL SUPPORT WORKER ROLE?
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS AND REPSONSIBLE BRAND?
LOVE@care provide Care at Home and Housing Support Service to individuals with varying needs. We specialise in enhanced care packages for children with complex care needs. Our mission is to create mainstream services that incorporate equality, justice, kindness, love and compassion.
We deliver unique, person centred services to children with disabilities and Additional Support Needs and are looking for individuals to provide amazing care support services across Scotland including South Lanarkshire, Stirling, Glasgow, Renfrewshire, Lothian and Falkirk.
about the role
We are looking for individuals to provide care support services to Children and Young People with disabilities across the Central Belt. Your responsibilities will include:
- Good practice; recognising the support needs of people with learning disabilities; specifically promoting dignity, respect and promotion of independent living and value love, compassion and kindness
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with services users', staff, carers and internal/external professionals to achieve improved outcomes for service users
- Ability to provide guidance and support
- Attention to detail; specifically, around the administration of service users' medication, financial repsonsibilities, including the ability to produce high quality written reports
- The ability to operate as a member of a team and take responsibility for the environment and the safety of service users in the absence of the senior member of staff
- The ability to attend and participate in staff meetings, supervision, performance review and development and to participate in developing team plans
- The ability to work in partnership with families
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A commitment to the care sector
- Care experience with Young People and Children
- Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme Record (PVG) or willing to become registered
- Driving License and access to a car
- SQA Qualifications
- 3 Day Care Induction