job hours: Flexible hours
job types: Full-time, Part-time, Sessional
location: East Lothian & Edinburgh City
DO HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER CHANGE AS A SUPPORT WORKER?
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS AND REPSONSIBLE BRAND?
LOVE learning is are a registered Scottish Qualifications Authority education provider and charity whose teachers, additional support needs workers and educational psychologists offer educational awards and employability skills to children and young people outside the education system. We manage challenging behaviours that can bring harmony back to the classroom, release for some pupils and suport where exclusion has been the only option previously. We offer this support service to teachers across Scotland. Our mission is to create mainstream services that incorporate equality, justice, kindness, love and compassion.
We deliver unique, person centred services to children with Additional Support Needs and are looking for individuals to provide amazing support services across Scotland specifically across East Lothian and Edinburgh City.
about the role
We are looking for individuals to provide support services to Children and Young People with a focus on education and linking Curriculum for Excellence across East Lothian and Edinburgh City. Your responsibilities will include:
- Good practice; recognising the support needs of people with learning disabilities; specifically promoting dignity, respect and promotion of independent living and value love, compassion and kindness
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with service users’, staff, carers and internal/external professionals to achieve improved outcomes for service users
- Ability to provide guidance and support
- The ability to operate as a member of a team and take responsibility for the environment and the safety of service users in the absence of the senior members of staff
- The ability to attend and participate in staff meetings, supervision, performance review and development and to participate in developing team plans
- The ability to work in partnership with families
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A commitment to the lives of our Young People
- Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme Record (PVG) or willing to become registered
- Driving License & access to a car
- SQA Qualifications
- Experience in support services
- We can provide full training of SVQ level 2.3 & 4 to all staff (the level offered depends on previous experience)
- Induction & In-House Training
- Shadow Shifts