There are many groups of people who don’t benefit from engagement with sport. These tend to be women, girls, people with disabilities, those in a lower socio-economic groups and older people. The benefits of encouraging these groups to get more active is immense.
We will focus on these excluded groups, encourage involvement with sport of all kinds and capitalise on the benefits and positive change it can offer. We also care equally for the wellbeing of those at this level of sport and provide support through our social care teams and 24 Hour/ 7-day helpline.
Our 6 key outcomes:
- Education – Training, Employability and Accreditations for clubs and individuals.
- Health & Physical Wellbeing – Tools for Engagement and Nutrition.
- Mental Wellbeing – Psychological services and support services.
- Individual Development – Personal development and self awareness.
- Social & Community Development – Grassroots engagement, schools, community groups, local sport clubs and 3rd sector.
- Economic Development – Improving individual circumstances in locally deprived areas.