job hours: Flexible hours
job types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
location: Edinburgh, Renfrewshire, the Lothians, Dunbartonshire, Stirling and South Lanarkshire
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY?
about the role
We are looking for a committed and compassionate Experienced Support Worker who want to be a part of a leading support service to our Young People in the local community. You will be responsible for providing personalised care to young people assisting with building positive and effective relationships. As Support Worker, you will work in an empowering, respectful and empathetic way in order to promote healthy relationships, encourage educational achievements and to be a positive role model for restorative care and individual growth.
What we need from you?
- An understanding of the Support Worker role and experience of working with young people in either professionally or voluntary capacity
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of safeguarding and Child Protection legislation
- The ability to form professional and positive relationships
- Good physical health and high level of emotional resilience
- Experience and understanding in managing challenging behaviour
- Commitment to the principle of continuing professional development and working towards achieving necessary qualifications
- A willingness to support Education needs of our young people where possible
- A valid UK driving licence is an essential requirement, we will be unable to progress your application without this
- Preferred experience in residential care work
- Please note that this position is subject to a PVG check
what we offer
- Pre-Employment Induction Training Workshop where you will meet your team
- Monthly Pay and you will receive 28 days annual leave
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Annual company fun days and courses such as our Wellbeing & Happiness class
Join the LOVE Group and help us provide a care service that really does care!
- SQA Qualifications
- Previous care experience
- Driving License and access to a car is preferred
- We can provide full care training including SSSC badges and SVQ level 2, 3 & 4 to all staff (the level offered depends on previous experience)
- 3 Day Care Induction
- How many years of Support Environment experience do you have?
- Are you based in Edinburgh, Renfrewshire, Lothian, Dunbartonshire, Stirling or South Lanarkshire?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Driving Licence?