LOVE are a SYFA Approved Sport First Aid Training Organisation.
This course is 1 day classroom based learning, with a prior online learning session (this must be completed before the classroom learning can proceed)
The certificate lasts for no longer than 3 years.
The cost of the course is £49+VAT per delegate.
The Course covers the following topics:
• The role of the first aider.
• Legal responsibilities of a first aider, duty of care/standards of care, roles and responsibilities especially regarding children.
• First aid at sporting events.
• The SYFA first aid kit.
• Incident assessment inc sending for help and personal safety.
• Basic life support (as per latest European Resuscitation Council guidelines) including use of AED.
• Management of the unconscious casualty.
• Recovery position & action for vomiting.
• Injuries to the head inc facial injuries.
• Specific information on the management of concussion with evidence approach based on new Scottish guidelines (2015).
• Spinal injury.
• Injuries to the limbs & soft tissue and suspected fracture.
• Bleeding injuries inc management of shock.
• Management of wounds and burns.
• Medical conditions in sport including asthma, diabetes, seizures, angina/heart attack, stroke and environmental problems including heat and cold.
If want more information on our SYFA Sports First Aid Course get in touch through the course booking/enquiry form below, or give our training co-ordinator a call on 01355 239 609