job hours: Flexible hours
job types: Sessional
salary: £150 day rate
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN DELIVERING TRAINING & HAVE A BACKGROUND IN CONSTRUCTION?
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS AND RESPONSIBLE BRAND?
LOVE is a one-of-a-kind social business that works in multiple sectors and with different businesses, but our values and principles remain the same. Our mission is to create mainstream services that incorporate equality, justice, kindness, love and compassion. These services will contribute to mind, body and spirit, whilst delivering excellence and solutions to the mainstream sectors in which we work.
Our support services include education, social care, and physical health programmes, while our commercial products include professional training, recruitment and publications.
about the role
We are currently looking for Freelance Trainers in Lanarkshire to join a thriving and reputable training provider. The role of the Construction Tutor will be to deliver an engaging and fun Construction course to our young learners with a range of support needs and your class size will be around 10. We are looking for talented Trainers who are passionate about helping young learners achieve success.
As a Construction Tutor your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Engage and deliver a set Construction Programme to young learners
- Using your creativity and personality to achieve maximum pass rates
- Support the design of new Employability Subjects
- Embed Functional Skills within the Construction Programme
- Mark and assess learner results, provide support and feedback to learners
- Provide careers and employability support and information, advice and guidance to learners
- Recognised Teaching Qualification e.g. PTLLS, an Assessor Award e.g. A1, TAQA is desirable
- Functional Skills in Maths and English at level 2 or equivalent
- Construction Qualification
- Proven track record in achieving maximum results through effective learner delivery
- Vocational experience and up to date knowledge within the chosen sector
- Full UK Driving license and own vehicle
- Previous experience working as a Construction Tutor/Delivering entry level training to young people with a range of support needs
- Effective communicator with staff and external clients
- Enterprising and self-motivated with good organisational skills
- Experience in supporting young learners with positive outcomes
- Excellent all-round IT Skills
- CSCS Card if applicable
- In-house Induction